Jon Jones continues to trade barbs with Francis Ngannou on social media as the Ultimate Fighting Championship stars agreed to meet in a potential heavyweight super fight.
The defending light heavyweight champion has urged the promotion to ‘send the deal’ for a showdown with ‘The Predator’ as he eyes a future move to 265 pounds.
Since returning to action in December 2018, Jones has been undefeated in four title fights including three-straight title-defences against Anthony Smith, Thiago Santos, and Dominick Reyes.
After seeing Ovince Saint Preux made his heavyweight debut at UFC Jacksonville last week, the pound-for-pound king said he is interested in a clash with one of the scariest fighters in the heavyweight division.
“Who would you guys consider the quicker and more technical striker Thiago Santos or Francis? If you guys think I wouldn’t take this fight you’re insane. I have absolutely nothing else to prove as a light heavyweight. I’d love that big money fight right around now. Send the deal,” he wrote on Twitter.
Jon Jones is ready to move up to the heavyweight division.https://t.co/GoxxyRxBVW
— Sportsnet (@Sportsnet) May 14, 2020
Ngannou, who is coming off a sensational 20-second knockout at UFC 249, has responded to Jones’ callout and confidently said his power will prevail over the champ’s technique in a super fight.
“I don’t think the Jon Jones fight will happen. People have been talking about Jones moving up for years. If he does move up, I’d love that fight,” Ngannou said in a recent interview with BJPENN.com.
He added: “But, they have to give me bags of money for that fight because that is a super fight. It would have to be worth it.”
“I am not fighting him to lose. I will hand Jon Jones his first loss. Jones has a good chin but I will test how good it is. I can land punches on him and knock him out he has been hit before.”
Francis Ngannou opens as betting favorite vs. Jon Jones, Daniel Cormier in potential fights https://t.co/Lhhm5mHhaP
— MMA Junkie (@MMAjunkie) May 20, 2020
On Wednesday, Jones responded to Ngannou’s most recent jab and warned the knockout artist that he will be exposed when they share the cage.
“First you can save the rest of your tongue pictures for your other homies and yes I’m right here, just waking up from watching that Derek Lewis fight again. You ain’t scaring nobody, I saw your heart. You’re a big old mouse, I’ll expose you.”
In an Instagram post, the MMA great said the fight with Ngannou will determine the baddest negro in the planet while hoping the promotion will pursue the matchup.
“Well there you go, both parties agree. Now let’s see if the Ufc is willing to spend the money. The battle for the baddest negro on the planet. How about I give you a chance at the throne? Let’s get it.”
First you can save the rest of your tongue pictures for your other homies and yes I’m right here, just waking up from watching that Derek Lewis fight again. You ain’t scaring nobody, I saw your heart. You’re a big old mouse, I’ll expose you https://t.co/F6FEcc4mGE
— Jon Bones Jones (@JonnyBones) May 20, 2020
(Featured Image Source: Instagram/ Francis Ngannou and Jon Jones)